2021-2022 LSUA Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
2021-2022 LSUA Catalog
Effective August 2021
If you’re new to the catalog, click on the banner below for a quick review of key features.
To access the catalog on your phone’s web browser, use the address below:
Curricula changes approved for the 2021-2022 Catalog including the following:
- Modification of BA Communication Studies
- Modification of BGS (Pre-Art Therapy Concentration)
- Modification of BGS (Graphic Design Concentration)
- Modification of BS Business (modification of International Business concentration)
- Modification of BS Business (addition of three new concentrations—Agribusiness, Information Systems, Financial Analysis)
- Modification of BS Business (deletion of Management Information Systems and Finance Concentration)
- Modification of BS Kinesiology (addition of General Kinesiology Concentration)
This catalog represents the university’s current educational plans, offerings, and requirements. It does not constitute a contract that students accept when they register for courses or enroll at the university. The university reserves the right to change any provision, offering, or requirement at any time during a student’s period of study at the university. It further reserves the right to require a student to withdraw from the university for cause at any time.
Catalog Publication and Availability
The LSUA Catalog is published online each year by Louisiana State University at Alexandria. Additional information regarding LSUA can be accessed from the LSUA Web Site: http://www.lsua.edu.
Students themselves are responsible for knowing and meeting their degree requirements. A student’s advisor or counselor may not assume that responsibility. A substitution for, waiver of, or exemption from any established degree requirement or academic standard can be accomplished only with the approval of the student’s department chair and the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
Equal Opportunity Policy
LSUA assures equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or veteran’s status in the admission to, participation in, and treatment or employment in the programs and activities operated by the university. Questions or complaints regarding equal opportunity at LSUA should be directed to the Director of Human Resource Management, LSU at Alexandria, 8100 Highway 71 South, Alexandria, LA 71302-3121, telephone (318) 473-6481. Persons who believe that they have been discriminated against contrary to federal law are entitled to make an inquiry or file a complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 1555 Poydras Street, Suite 1900, New Orleans, Louisiana, LA 70112, telephone (1-800-669-4000) or the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1620, Dallas, Texas 75201-6810, telephone (214) 661-9600.
LSUA complies with the provisions of Title IX, Title VI, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state law. For additional information, please contact LSUA’s Coordinator of Title IX, Disability Services, and Safety and Risk Management at 318-427-0137.
Louisiana State University at Alexandria is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Louisiana State University at Alexandria.
Please note that the Commission’s address and telephone number are published here so that interested constituents can inquire about the accreditation status of LSUA, ask questions about the accreditation process, or pursue procedures for filing complaints against LSUA. Routine inquiries about LSUA (e.g., questions about admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc.) should be addressed directly to LSUA and not to the Commission.
The university also maintains programmatic accreditation for specific academic programs:
- The Associate of Science in Nursing and the Bachelor of Science in Nursing are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN);
- The Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT);
- The Associate of Science in Medical Laboratory Science and the Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science are accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS);
- The Certificate in Pharmacy Technology is accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP);
- The Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP);
- The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and the Bachelor of Science in Accounting are accredited by Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Louisiana State University at Alexandria
8100 Highway 71 South
Alexandria, LA 71302-9121